Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 10, 2008


“As there is water in the depths of the earth, so there is truth at the bottom of all things, false or true. In some places, one has to dig deep; in other places, only a short distance; that is the only difference. But there is no place where there is no water. One may have to dig very, very deep in order to get it; but in the depths of the earth, there is water, and in the depths of all this falsehood that is on the surface, there is truth. If we are really seeking for the truth, we shall always find it.”
--Hazrat Inayat Khan


In
my soul
there is a temple, a shrine, a mosque, a church
where I kneel.

Prayer should bring us to an altar where no walls or names exist.

Is there not a region of love where the sovereignty is
illumined nothing,

where ecstasy gets poured into itself
and becomes
lost,

where the wing is fully alive
but has no mind or
body?

In
my soul
there is a temple, a shrine, a mosque,
a church

that dissolve, that
dissolve in
God.

--Rabia of Basra

Before I took bayat (initiation), I had a dream—

I found myself in the darkness of Universal Space. There was illumination and that illumination was me.

As I walk-floated along, I imagined a structure, a mosque, a temple larger than I had ever seen before. It had white columns, but no walls. There was no celing and there was no floor. At some distance there was a large podium that looked like an empty throne. I approached it and felt myself falling, prostrated in prayer. When I was fully horizontal, I saw that rose petals had appeared underneath me, like a prayer rug. I could smell their essence.

That was it. I stayed in that devoted position…and I have not since left.

ALA!!!

Hakima

No comments: