Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March 19, 2008





"Where are all the believers in Christ?"

The question was posed today in a public forum with the rally cry for believers to stand up and be counted.

As a former member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (more commonly known as Mormon), I find it an interesting question. When I was Mormon many so-called Christians would ask if I were a Christian and then would try to convince me that I wasn't when they found out that I was Mormon.

If I ever labeled myself as a Christian it was based on the idea that I believed that Jesus was actually a being on this earth and whether or not I met the standard set by his example (ie "Follow me"):

--Love God with all my heart, mind and soul.

--Love my neighbor as myself.

As a Mormon, I went for a very long time without understanding the full extent of the meaning of Grace. I don't suppose that I understand it now...Still, that didn't mean I wasn't under the effects and blessing of that Grace...this I know, he loves me and believes in me, whether or not I reciprocate. I suppose that makes everyone Christians.

I don't think numbers matter.

ALA!!!

Hakima

No comments: