Sunday, March 23, 2008

March 23, 2008



I became intrigued with old runs of the still popular television series, “Lost.” I have to watch old runs because I don’t have regular TV—my way of keeping out of the trends, but I got caught up in this particular one, mostly because of the very fine looking men who are regulars… Whew!!! Lord let me be lost on that island…LOL!!!

Seriously, lost is not a concept I totally grasp. No matter where I go, there I am…sound familiar? No? Yes? I read the following two poems today…they are so closely related that their synchronicity seem to me, messages from the Holy One, blessed be He, blessed be She:

First a reminder from my friend, Nancy:
Unbreakable, O Lord,
Is the love
That binds me to You:
Like a diamond,
It breaks the hammer that strikes it.

My heart goes into You
As the polish goes into the gold.
As the lotus lives in its water,
I live in You.

Like the bird
That gazes all night
At the passing moon,
I have lost myself dwelling in You.

O my Beloved --
Return.

~*~Mirabai

And then a message deep in a box I unpacked today:

Lost
--David Wagoner

Stand still. The trees ahead and the bushes beside you
Are not lost. Wherever you are is called Here,
And you must treat it as a powerful stranger,
Must ask permission to know it and be known.
The forest breathes. Listen. It answers,
I have made this place around you.
If you leave it, you may come back again, saying, "Here."
No two trees are the same to Raven.
No two branches are the same to Wren.
If what a tree or a bush does is lost on you,
You are surely lost. Stand still. The forest knows
Where you are. You must let it find you.

Tonight is my second night in my own apartment, living alone, but not without love…Seeking solitude, but not isolation…grateful to ever be found as one of those lost in the Heart of the Beloved One.

...and so it is...

ALA!!!

Hakima


No comments: